We have finally confirmed the date and agenda for a product training day. This is a once a year opportunity to learn more about car care products and separate myth from reality. It is also an opportunity for you to discuss any Dodo product you wish and how to get the best from it.
The main list will be on Detailing World Dodo forum to avoid duplication and confusion, but you guys are the first to find out the details. We will limit the day to 20-35 attendees, depending on uptake and it will be priced at 39.95 GBP inc lunch. It runs all day and we'll be making waxes and playing around with 'extreme detailing' household products for a bit of fun. As Yoda said, 'learn something you will'
Once again, the day will be at the Cambridge Valet Centre http://www.cambridgevaletcentre.com/cvchome.html
but we will be asking for more food from Inder's Kitchen this time. Last event it was delicious but ran out! We won't let that happen again.
Payment must be made immediately by paypal to the payment address of paypal -at -dodojuice -dot - com with "product training day" in the header. If you want to pay by card, call 0 1279 812687 and leave a message if we're out and about.
Here's the full agenda:
DODO JUICE TRAINING DAY
At CAMBRIDGE VALET CENTRE
SUNDAY 23 OCT 2011
Everything you wanted to know about car care products (but were afraid to ask on a forum in case someone corrected you and to be honest they probably donâ€™t know what they are talking about anyway).
9.30am-10am Sign-on and welcome
10am-10.15am Welcome and intros â€“ what the day will hope to achieve
10.15am-11.15am Wash Products
- What shampoos contain and round-up of different types of shampoo/wash on the market
- When you can and canâ€™t use Washing Up Liquid
- Waterless wash products explained
- Rinseless wash products explored
- Pre-wash products analysed, inc TFRs, APC and Fallout removers
- Snow foam â€“ does it really do anything?
- Sponges vs Mitts and how to get the best from them
- Drying products, from blowers to blades
- Extreme detailing: Household products put to the test inc. Johnsons Baby Shampoo
11.15am-12.30pm Polish Products
- Whatâ€™s a polish and whatâ€™s in a polish?
- Terminology explained: Glaze, Compound, pre-wax cleansers, AIO etc.
- Flatting or filling? How to tell
- Bodyshop safe vs silicone free
- Diminishing vs non-diminishing abrasives
- Extreme detailing: Household products put to the test inc. sun cream and toothpaste
12.30pm â€“ 1.30pm Lunch â€“ Indian snack selection provided by Inderâ€™s Kitchen
1.30pm-2.30pm Wax, Carnauba and Home Brew Waxes
- What is carnauba? And the carnauba myth in action
- Home Brew Live! We make some car wax
- Home brew car wax â€“ can it be as good as the manufactured stuff? We play around with different types
- Sealants vs waxes and the great overlap
- Spray sealants vs quick detailers â€“ telling them apart
- New generation nano products â€“ what they are, how to apply them
- Dealer sealant systems
- Extreme detailing: Household products put to the test as paint sealants
3.30pm-4.00pm Wheel cleaners
- Acidic vs non-acidic vs pH balanced
- Why you should never use â€˜justâ€™ a wheel cleaner
- Wheel cleaning equipment
- Extreme detailing: Household products put to the test â€“ brick cleaner in action!
4.30pm-4.45pm Glass Cleaners
- Acidic vs alcoholic
- Why you rarely find the best glass products in the high street
- Making your own glass cleaner
- Glass cloths
- Extreme detailing: Household products put to the test
4.45pm-5.00pm Trim and Tyre Products
- Trim product types
- Restoring old or damaged trim
- Does the hairdryer technique really work?
- Tyre products
5.00pm-6.00pm Q&A, Shop and Farewell
- Question and Answer session â€“ find out about specific products or techniques not covered previously on the day
- Dodo Juice shopâ€¦ with discounts on products
- Thanks and farewell